Quizzes and flashcards
Ceramics, online Quiz. Chemistry.
Online quiz chemistry.
Chemistry. Number of questions: 81
Tests from category: Chemistry
All tests and quizzes
Take the quiz
Test with answers
Try recommended quizzes similar to "Ceramics".
This quiz covers the atomic theory as well as history of atomic theory development.
#atoms #particles #nucleus #proton #electron
Acids - names of acids
Molecular formulas for most known and popular acids. Can you answer all 30 questions?
#acid #acids #chemistry
Periodic Table Elements
Can you name chemical elements? Solve Periodic table quiz and test your knowledge!
#periodictable #chemistry #elements
Alkines - molecular formula to names
Assign correct alkine name to its molecular formula. Test your chemistry skills.
#alkines #formulas #chemistry
Alkines - names to molecular formula
Assign correct molecular formula to alkine name. Test your chemistry skills.
Questions in this quiz
1. Examples of engineering, dielectric, optical ceramics
2. Examples of ceramics with ionic bonding
3. Examples of ceramics with covalent bonding
4. Give a basic differences between the monocrystalline oxide compound and ceramics
5. Examples (3) of advanced ceramics
6. Examples (3) of traditional ceramics
7. Main stages of ceramic technology
8. What parameters are essential for characterization of the given powder?
9. How the surface energy of powder could be decreased?
10. Difference between an aggregate and an agglomerate
11. Difference between an agglomerate and a granule
12. Types of bonding in granules
13. Types of bonding in agglomerates
14. List examples (3) of natural raw materials for ceramic industry
15. List the names (2) of natural hydroxides of alumina-silicates
16. Give examples (2) of equipment for crushing brittle raw materials
17. Give examples (3) of mills used in ceramic industry
18. Could you explain a term “calcination”
19. Give an example (1 reaction) of solid state synthesis of mixed oxides
20. Give an example (1 reaction) of carbothermal synthesis of non-oxide ceramic powder
21. Obligatory requirement for self-propagating high-temperature synthesis (SHS) powder
22. Give examples of chemical methods of ceramics powders manufacturing
23. Description of spray-drying method fo ceramic powder
24. Description of freeze drying method for ceramic powder
25. .List the reagents (3) in sol-gel method for ceramic powder production
26. Principles of ceramic nanopowder production via gas-phase methods
27. What does it mean: “rheology”
28. Parameters describing powder properties(3)
29. Why powder particles from agglomerates?
30. How water presence affect Hamaker’s constant of powder?
31. Consider the role of water in solid powder particles behaviour
32. What is the meaning of “zero point charge” in suspension of powder particles
33. Describe electrical double layer (EDL)
34. How DLVO describes behaviour of particles in the liquid medium?
35. What is the origin of electrostatic repulsion of ceramic particles in the polar liquid?
36. What are the means of suspension stabilization?
37. Requirements (3) for polymer stabilization of suspension
38. What is the role of surfactants in stabilization of suspension?
39. How can you describe “a stable suspension”?
40. List the types (4) of intergranular bonding of particles in water presence
41. 41. Give the stages of granules formation from the solution
42. List the main constituents (4) of suspension for casting
43. Give the names of various casting (3)
44. Describe the meaning of “slip” and “slurry”
45. Stages of slip casting to porous moulds
46. Why the casted objects shrink during drying?
47. How water is removed from the casted object during casting to non-porous (plastic) moulds?
48. Characterization of tape casting
49. Why the thin ceramic foil can be produced from the viscous suspension?
50. Which parameter control viscosity of ceramic suspension?
51. Give an example of application of thin ceramic foil in industry
52. Give the principle of gel casting of ceramic slurries
53. Explain the term “ceramic additive manufacturing”
54. 54. Describe stages (3) of injection moulding of ceramic slurries
55. Main components of ceramic slurry for injection moulding
56. Describe ceramic components made via injection moulding (examples, application)
57. List methods (3) of ceramic powder compaction
58. Advantages (3) of powder uniaxial pressing in comparison to other methods of shaping
59. Disadvantages (3) of the powder uniaxial pressing in comparison to other methods of shaping
60. List stages (3) of the powder uniaxial pressing
61. Give the reasons of granules supremacy over the loose powder during uniaxial pressing
62. How the stiff mould/die walls affect compaction behaviour of ceramic powder?
63. COŚ TAM FRICTIONAL FORCES
64. What is the reason of nonhomogeneous distribution of density in the ceramic compact after uniaxial pressing?
65. What kind of ceramic green bodies are preferentially shaped via uniaxial pressing?
66. Give the reasons (3) of advantage of isostatic pressing over the uniaxial one
67. Why cold isostatic pressing allows the trouble-free discharge of the green body from the mould?
68. Give the examples (2) of a dynamic compaction
69. What is the meaning of “densification” of the green ceramic body
70. List the most important macroscopic changes (3) of the green ceramic body after sintering
71. List the most important microscopic changes (3) of the green ceramic body after sintering
72. Describe stages of sintering
73. List reasons (2) of driving force during sintering
74. What is the reason of pores elimination during sintering?
75. Why the pore coordination number is significant in densification of the materials?
76. How Ostwald ripening effect modifies sintering process?
77. The role of liquid phase during sintering
78. List the techniques of sintering methods
79. Give the advantages of hot press-sintering
80. Why hot-press sintering is not a common industrial practice?
81. Give examples (2) of new methods for fast sintering